Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Brush Strokes

I have been in love with colors since my school days. In school it was more for the competition and prizes. There was a time when these prizes got annoying as there was not enough room to display them in our living room, given I was sharing the space with my sister's trophies. Eventually all those trophies landed up in a box packed nicely to be never opened again. After school it was college functions and I still remember the 10'*10' painting that we made it was incredible.Wish I had a pic of it with me. But now after all these years painting is now a means to relax and calm down. 
  I am happy that I was able to paint few pic in recent years unlike my sister who is better than me in painting but busy enough with her cute daughter. I am not that good to paint something imaginary but good enough to take inspiration from a click. I have experimented with what I have been painting and the results are interesting.

This is my first attempt on canvas and I loved doing it. I wanted to add some bright colors to my living room and what better than your own work. 









This is a pic of girl performing Rajasthani dance Ghoomar


I have painted a lion face and a tiger separately when I was in school and really wanted to do them again. Although these Lion and Tiger look kind of cute than wild!

This scene is from a hilly area in northern India and one of my friends posted this on facebook and I liked the snowy mountains the most and tried to create the same effect here.

This scene is again from a facebook share, the dark forest view seemed quite challenging to create and was tempting enough to try.

This scene of a village in Punjab, India was from a wall hanging in my room. I have always drawn village scenes since school and are my favorite.

Being a Rajasthani I have grown up with these scenes but missed them while I was away for work. Trust me women carrying these pots for mile to get water is still part of daily life in Rajasthan villages.


As much as I love wearing traditional clothes I enjoy painting women with these dresses and the fall effect I get to create in their skirts. This was form a 2010 calendar and depicts the pre historic era of central India.

No comments:

Post a Comment